This week I have been in London training a music industry organisation set up their accounts on QuickBooks Online. The need for the QuickBooks training came about because the accounting software company MYOB have withdrawn for the UK. As from the 1st January they will not be able to add any transactions to their MYOB software. This London based organisation chose to go with the on-line version of QuickBooks because they need to access their QuickBooks data from various locations.
The advantages of QuickBooks Online are:-
- Accessible from any Internet connection.
- Accessible via Windows PC, Mac or iPhone.
- It is a Cloud based solution so there are no data backup worries.
- Accessible anytime – day or night.
- There is no option for integrated Payroll
- The Online version cannot operate the Stock Control facilities that the desktop version has.
- The QuickBooks time tracking option is not available.
- There are no Sample Company files provided. So when I am training I have to demonstrate the basic bookkeeping principals in the desktop version.
- This is a monthly subscription product which can work out more expensive than buying the QuickBooks desktop version.