QuickBooks Enterprise UK version released
QuickBooks have quietly released a UK version of QuickBooks Enterprise Solution. Its full title is QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 12.0.
QuickBooks Enterprise edition has been available in the USA for over a decade. So it is good to see that the QuickBooks Enterprise edition has at last been released in the UK.
Some UK QuickBooks users have found that as their business grows, they run into capacity problems with QuickBooks. For example QuickBooks Pro and Premier editions have a maximum of 14,500 list items. The new QuickBooks enterprise solution now allows a maximum of 1 million list items.
QuickBooks Enterprise UK editions’ key features are:
- Ability to track up to 1,000,000 customers, suppliers and items
- Advanced access and permission set up for up to 30 concurrent users
- Greater data sharing capability and advanced analysis
- Merge company reports for a wider perspective
- Up to 750 different pricing levels
QuickBooks Enterprise UK YouTube video
What is good and bad about QuickBooks Enterprise UK edition
The Good things about the QuickBooks Enterprise version
- Increasing the limit of customers and items will help those companies that would have previously had to move away from QuickBooks when their company grew too large.
- The user interface of QuickBooks Enterprise UK edition is almost identical to the current QuickBooks 2012 desktop products. Anyone who has used QuickBooks Pro or Premier edition will have no problems navigating around the new software.
- Migration from QuickBooks Pro and Premier to Enterprise looks straight forward.
- With the QuickBooks Enterprise UK edition you would be able to have separate sites in the organisation produced their own separate QuickBooks company files. You can then combine the separate QuickBooks reports into an overall of the organisation.
- QuickBooks Enterprise UK edition allows exact control over what individual users can see and do.
- Improved output of reports to Excel, Access and Crystal reports
The Bad – Things I don’t like about this version of QuickBooks
In the American version of QuickBooks Enterprise they have superior stock control handling. For example the American version of QuickBooks Enterprise they are able to:
- Track serial numbers or lot numbers.
- Use first in first out (FIFO) stock costing
- Track stock in multiple locations
- Transfer stock from one location to another
- Track stock in multiple warehouses
Unfortunately none of these options are available in the UK QuickBooks Enterprise UK edition. However I have been told that the next version that follows this 2012 release should have these features included.
Although the ability to export data from QuickBooks Enterprise UK edition has been improved, there doesn’t appear to have been any attempt to improve data importing facilities.
Back in 2009 I joined the QuickBooks Professional advisor scheme in the USA and I saw how far behind the States we are in terms of the features in our UK QuickBooks software. So it is good news that we are at long last getting QuickBooks Enterprise in the UK. It would have been good to have had the additional stock control options and improved import facilities from external systems. You can find out more about QuickBooks Enterprise from the QuickBooks UK website.